Monday, July 15, 2013

Journals

 I thought it would be a fun idea to get journals for the boys and try and write in them as they grow up.  Some of it will be in retrospect, since I'm just starting now.  I figure my goal will be to write it them at least once a year every year around their Birthday.   Hopefully more.  I may include some of the funny stories and such that might normally be in a baby book.  I got these journals from a fancy shop on etsy that makes personalized, handmade leather journals (Earthworks Journals).  They make them custom order, so I had them put the boys initials on the lower right corner of the cover.  I think they are just beautiful.  Lots of pages too so we will not run out.


 



I was writing some of the retrospect posts today while the boys are napping together.  Of course I am crying the whole time thinking back about their births and such, but that's ok sometimes.  I am thinking maybe I'll give them to Luke and Jake at their weddings or something.  We will see how it works out.  I just hope that they will appreciate reading back at some point about their lives.  It will be fun to keep a record of all the fun we have together!

1 comment:

  1. I looooove this idea!! You are seriously the best mom ever! I am constantly amazed by your creativity. The love you have for your boys emanates through all you do for them!!

    Love it!! Kiss them both for me!

    ReplyDelete